Thursday, August 25, 2005

I'll take 'better'

It was a better day today. Not great, but better. Actually got to go to my midweek yoga class last night which has been unusually elusive the last few weeks. My new yoga teacher rocks my world. It was a really good class. For some reason, he tends to do more traditional poses on Wednesday, which makes me feel like I know what I'm doing for once. Madeline got up without me having to fight with her. We did forget her library book, but that ended up being ok, because when we went back to the school to drop it off, we noticed that they are looking for parent helpers in the 1st grade reading room, and I marched right in and volunteered. Big deal for me. I typically have a really hard time putting myself out there like that, but it's time. I need to start connecting with people outside these 4 walls again. So, Zach and I are stopping by tomorrow morning to help get books ready for little readers.

The afternoon wasn't so great, but it wasn't horrible either. We set up a lunch date with Clark, and were going to meet at Weck's a little after one. We managed to get out the door in good time, and I thought I'd try a shortcut to the restaurant. Traffic was backed up for blocks right in the middle of my shortcut. dang. So, we backtracked and decided to take the regular way. Blocked again. Called Clark, and apparently there was a huge funeral procession headed down the highway and the freeway was closed. Last week in Albuquerque, a crazy guy murdered 5 people in one day, 2 of which were police officers, and this was the last funeral, for one of the officers. So sad. It ended up taking us almost an hour to get to the restaurant. A drive that should have taken about 5 minutes. We missed lunch with Clark, which was a bummer, and by then it was getting close to school pickup time. I didn't want to go all the way home just to turn around an leave again, so we popped into Whole Foods to browse and grab some snacks before picking up the girl. Love that store. I still don't know what's for dinner though. I might just set out all the yummy fruits and veggies and snackies that we got, and call it good. Lazy mommy.

Thanks so much for all your kind comments yesterday. It really made me feel like I'm not in this all alone, even if I can't drop my kids at any of your houses for a couple hours. Hey, I'll take what I can get.

3 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger Katy said...

You have a whole foods?? I didn't know that. I am so jealous. Super Wal-Mart just doesn't cut it for me. I'm really glad you're having a better day. Love you.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger lonna said...

I'm glad that you are having a better day too. Sometimes better is enough to get you over the hump.

I miss Whole Foods too. I have never lived near one. We always go the one nearest my in-laws' house when we go there to visit. This last time we got vegan blueberry cornbread. Yum.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger NME said...

Yoga, volunteering and Whole Foods must be the healthiest way to get out of a funk ever. Can I be you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home