Friday, July 29, 2005

I know, I know

In response to my lovely sis's comment about my serious blog slack of late, I'm going to try to recap the last week for her and/or whoever else might be reading. I have a few excuses, none of them very valid, but here goes.

I got really sick on Madeline's birthday. I'm still not sure if it was the bug they had catching up to me, or some kind of hypoglycemic crash, or dehydration, or what, but I was sick as a dog for a couple days. Of course, it hit me like a truck as I was decorating the house for the grand birthday celebration, with 10 minutes until the little birthday girl was to be home for her special 'mommy decorated the house for her' surprise. At that time I was thinking it was the hypoglycemia, so I called Clark and said keep the kid in the car and we'll run over to Applebee's (her choice for bday dinner) and get some food in us. Then, I started throwing up. God, I hate throwing up. Stupid me, I still thought, can't ruin the kid's bday, must buck up and go to dinner. Which only accomplished more throwing up in the Applebee's bathroom, and in the car on the way home. MISERY. We managed to get home, complete the decorating while the kids were waiting in the car, and get the presents open before I had to retire to my bed in the hope of passing out for a few hours. Bless little ones and their ability to focus entirely on themselves, I don't think she even noticed.

I did manage to get her to her last day of Ballet Camp. Which, she didn't want to go to, but since I had hauled my sick ass out of bed already, and we were working on the finishing what you start thing, she went. All in all, Ballet Camp was a bit of a disappointment. It was too long, and too hot, and too much standing around tapping your toe kind of thing. It was just too much for her in general. I'm not sure when we'll revisit dancing again, but next time I will make sure it's more relaxed and fun. I was proud of her for finishing though.

Finished Harry Potter over the weekend, since I was still feeling a little icky, and had a good excuse to lay on my bed and read most of the time. Liked it lots, still can't quite believe the ending, but I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't finished yet. I am curious about Missuz J's 2 things she had been expecting and 1 thing she hadn't. I think I know the 1 thing, but not sure about the 2 things. I'll have to remember to ask next time we talk in realtime. I kinda feel like going back and reading the first couple books, back when everyone was young and innocent, and the bad man wasn't back yet. I think they might be my favorites.

So, after recovering completely from my wretchedness, I had this burst of working around the house energy. The kids and I took a trip to Lowe's. God, I hate that place sometimes. I've bitched about my Lowe's experiences before, and this time was no exception. I did know what I wanted, and mostly where it was, so that wasn't a big deal, the issue this time was the HUGE tantrum Zach threw as we were getting ready to check out. Yelling. Screaming. Trying to yank my shirt off. Tantrum from hell. I think he's having his 2 year old behavior issues a little late. He was a really easy 2 year old for the most part, but man, since he's turned 3, he's been a pain in the ass on occasion. Follow that up with Madeline refusing to eat in the restaurant we went to for lunch (mostly as a treat for me, but I did allow her to pick the place) because they had only brought her ONE spoon, and as everyone (should) know, macaroni & cheese CANNOT be eaten with the same spoon used to eat applesauce. After this day, I had pretty much decided we were all just going to sit around the house for the rest of the summer. One of those bad mommy days.

I spent the next couple days painting the upstairs bathroom yellow. I feel quite a sense of accomplishment about that, since I did it all by myself. Clark was out of town for work, so it was all me. As I have mentioned before, I sometimes have a hard time making decorating decisions, due to my often overwhelming perfectionism. I'm working really hard on just doing it though, and for the most part I'm enjoying the results, even if they may not be quite perfect.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention the yoga workshop on Sunday. It was awesome. SOOO glad I went. If only for the experience of sitting in a room with 40-odd strangers, and enjoying the energy of it. The material was interesting, and I did have one fairly significant insight into what's been going on in my shoulder and neck lately (other than spending too much time on the computer of course, that couldn't be it). I'm very interested in specific therapeutic applications of yoga, and would have enjoyed more of the actual yoga part of it, since we spent most of our time in diagnosis of each other, but it was fun to put on my teacher hat again for a minute, and pretend I knew what I was doing. OK, not pretending so much really, but it certainly did get me thinking of teaching again. Who knows, we'll see.

OK, kids are calling for breakfast. Time to feed the munchkins.

7 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Katy said...

YAY! She's back! Sorry to hear you were sick. What a trooper for sticking in there for your precious princess. I hope she loooooved her birthday, I'm sure she did.

You and me and Becky need to discuss all the Harry Potter intricacies, I to felt the need to reread the first few so I started again on number 1, I must say, I am loving it. AW the good old days.

I miss you, I love you. Hopefully I'll get to see you soon.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Missuz J said...

So--do you like how the bathroom turned out?

Without being too coy about it, the 2 things I've been waiting for fall under the teen-love category.

Also--love you a million, and can't wait to see you in Flag. (Erik gives me tons of shit for saying Flag instead of Flagstaff. However--I think if you've spent more than $200 dollars in a place, you are allowed to call it by its nickname.)

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Missuz J said...

2 things I've been waiting for in HP--not for myself. Obviously.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger amandak said...

Bathroom is OK. Very yellow. I think it will be better when I get some art and stuff up. That's what I thought as far as HP goes. Just curious is all.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger NME said...

WOW! Puking secretely in Applebees. Amazing. You deserve a mom award for that.

As soon as I finished HP I wanted to start the next book - but I'll probably have to wait 3 years for that.

I expected the ending, not how it happened but what happened. I think the "bad guy" will turn out again to be not so bad in the next book. I enjoyed the teen love aspect too. I want to snog Ron.

Noah's nursery is bright YELLOW. I love it. So warm and cheery. OF course my friend Tracey said you should wear sunscreen in there.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Missuz J said...

NME--I'm so glad you admit to wanting to snog Ron. I thought I was the only one.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger hazel said...

so it IS teen love that missuz j is waiting for.

yellow is a wonderful color for a bathroom. you have to wake up in there usually (as falling out of bed and dragging yourself through the hallway doesn't count) and yellow is a great color to wake up to.

I love lowe's. if I ever start feeling bad about lowe's, I just go to home depot. it instantly makes me grateful for lowe's.

sounds like a busy week filled with alot of accomplishments. kudos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home