Monday, July 18, 2005

Sick Kids SUCK (not for weak stomachs)

The vomiting started at 1am. It has continued pretty much relentlessly since then. I can't figure out what caused it. My husband is of the opinion that it was the hot dogs for dinner (which I am POSITIVE were not expired), I'm thinking more along the lines of the public pool yesterday. Zach is running a fever of 101.1 at the moment, but hasn't thrown up since 3:30ish. Madeline is asleep at the moment, and since she didn't listen to mommy's advice to take SMALL sips of water, most recently threw up all over the downstairs bathroom floor. Let me tell you, vomit and tile are not a nice combination. I doused it all liberally in Lysol Kitchen cleaner, but am still not feeling great about cleanliness down there. Clark was sweet enough to do most of the middle of the night throw up cleaning, which included, but was not limited to, Zach's bed, the hall carpet, and himself. I was juggling the vomiting children at the time, but still think I probably got the easier job. And when I say juggling the vomiting children, I am not kidding. At one point Madeline actually threw up on Zach, while he was trying to get out of the way after throwing up in the toilet. Bless his heart for getting to the toilet at least once. Unfortunately, this means Madeline didn't get to start ballet camp today. She's really disappointed. So am I for that matter. Fingers crossed that she'll feel better by tomorrow and will be able to catch up fast.

Pre-sick kids, the weekend was pretty nice. Went to a little dinner party at Shawn and Christine's temporary house. They will be moving into the brand new house which is currently under construction in a month or so. I met a nice gal with a couple kids who traded phone numbers with me, hopefully one of us will call the other for a playdate. Madeline had a swimming lesson on Saturday, after which my lovely honey stopped at Border's and picked up the new Harry Potter for me. I had been resigned to getting it sometime in the next few weeks, after the hubub died down, so I was very happy and surprised.

Oh, we almost got hit by lightning Friday before our dinner party. I mentioned this briefly in a comment to Kodi, so sorry about the repetition, but there is an update. As I said before, out of the middle of nowhere, huge, blinding light, accompanied simultaneously with the loudest crack of thunder. I could literally feel the air pressure change. It was super scary. One of those things that you immediately look around for damage or fire. Well, we didn't get damaged, but a house on the next block from us was hit, and burned. We didn't notice it at first, as we were immediately on the road to Shawn and Christine's, but when we got home, the fire trucks were still there. Drove by it yesterday, and the whole roof is burned off. Crazy.

Watched some Tour de France on Sunday (well, and Saturday too). Our boy Lance (YUM) is still in the yellow jersey after two punishing days in the Pyrenese. I'm SO excited! I want him to win SO bad! Having this much coverage available really makes you realize what a huge event this is. Three weeks of racing, some days with 6 hours on the bike. Insane. Rest day today, so I'll have to just be patient and wait for tomorrow to feed my addiction.

Wow, I wasn't expecting this much time to blog this morning. Things are quiet for the moment, so hopefully the rest will help my poor little buggers. Please, god, let today be better than last night. I'm here all alone and REALLY don't want to be stuck cleaning vomit all day.

4 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Katy said...

aaaw, poor puking babies! Wish I was there to help. Give them kisses from the Cedar fam and I hope that they are all better for ballet camp/birthday festivities.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger NME said...

My heart goes out to Madeline, Zach, Clark and you. Wishing you well children and vanishing vomit until that happens.

Lightning is scary. Mother Nature does some crazy things. I hope none of your neighbors were hurt.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger hazel said...

oh my god, one puking on the other? there's got to be a movie scene in there or at least an SNL skit. insane!!!

I got my HP on saturday, but it's anyone's guess when I'll actually be able to read it.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Missuz J said...

Sweetheart--so sorry to hear about the sick kids. I HATE cleaning up vomit. Tell them both that Auntie Boo loves them. Love you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home