Monday, August 15, 2005

Monday Morning you sure look fine

It's much earlier than I typically like to get up on a Monday morning, but Clark left his #2 alarm on when he left for the gym at 5:30, so I got to scramble to turn off HIS alarm at 7. Initially, this didn't make me very happy, as you can imagine, especially since I was having a particularly hard time dozing off for another hour. Then, I start to hear this funny noise. It seems a little cloudy, could it be thunder? Nooo, don't think so. A car engine? Not quite. What it really sounds like is a hot air balloon, but one would have to be practically in my front yard to hear it fire like that. I peek out the window in our bedroom that faces the Balloon Fiesta Park, and don't see anything. Not surprising, since it is pretty cloudy, and I didn't think they went up in inclement weather. Then, I hear the noise again. Not front yard, back yard. I open up the sliding glass door that leads to the little balcony off the master bedroom, and there is a huge, orange hot air balloon floating fairly low, and incredibly close to our neighborhood. Wow. That's pretty cool. I can actually see the flames firing. So, I stand out on my little balcony and watch it for a few minutes, breathing in the cool morning air. Now, as I look out the window again, I can see 5 little hot air balloon friends way out to the west, and one more popping up from the Fiesta Park. Sometimes it's very cool to be up early in Albuquerque.

9 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Blogger hazel said...

I love hot air balloons! they sometimes fly around our neck of the woods, too, and sometimes low enough that I can hear and see the flames, too. that's such a beautiful sight to see. so calming.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Katy said...

glad to hear this week is starting off better, even if a bit earlier.

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds absolutely lovely. After I got back from Virginia I had a hard time sleeping and would often get up early and sit on my porch watching the Shakespeare people driving and walking to and fro. Silly, but amusing. Hope all goes well with the bastard who hit your car.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Stine said...

That must have been beautiful. I wanna come back.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger NME said...

WHERE are the photos of this?

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger thelyamhound said...

Lovely beginning to the week, darling. And now that we're nearing its end, you should visit a certain bald Seattleite at thebayinghound.blogspot.com for a giggle. It's all introductory speeches and rock essays right now, but I'm sure the content will become richer over time.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger A Man without a Band said...

Outstanding. I think Albuquerque (sp?) also has an annual hot air balloon festival. A photographer friend of mine went to shoot it one year. You should check that out.

As to the school "officer," you showed much better restraint than I would have, so take comfort in that. I started dropping Kira off at school last year when Jennifer moved in, and it makes me giggle on an almost daily basis. They don't have anyone directing traffic, but it always makes me think of that scene in "Mr. Mom," where he was driving the wrong way, and all of the mothers are shouting at him.

Thanks for your comments, and yes, I was pissed about the spam. Kodi got one, too.

Rob's comment (do we know Rob) on your last post was pretty funny, with the whole Mr. Pink reference, although I don't think superlative is the word he was looking for. Tipping is tricky. Considering the amount of time they take out of their day (as opposed to a waiter or waitress), I usually just drop some change, unless they're super friendly.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger A Man without a Band said...

oops. Damn I hate it when I'm wrong, but a recent goal of mine is admitting when I am. So, without further adieu...

yeah, superlative is the word he was looking for. I felt kind of bad making that comment anyway, after someone corrected Becca.

anyhoo, hope you're well and having another fine monday.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Wow! That sounds awesome, I've never seen a hot air balloon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home