Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Moving Forward

I'm feeling a little better today. Thank God. (Told you I was swinging hard and fast.) I've been back on my multivitamin, taking my St. John's Wort, and cut out a lot of caffeine, for a couple weeks now, I think it may be kicking in a little. I'm trying to be optimistic. It's kindof scary to fall so far so fast. But I'll take the faster bouncing back. It that's what this is.

We're moving forward on our plans to remodel the downstairs former dining room/living room (which was really too small to be either one), into a home office/possible future guest room. We've found an installer for the new floor who's available right now, and I picked out the material, which isn't exactly what I might have picked if there were a lot of other options, but out of what I can get right now, it's the best. I'm developing a rather ambivalent attitude toward this house at the moment. I'm getting the feeling we won't be here more than probably 2-3 years, which makes me want to get it done faster so we can enjoy it for awhile, but also makes me much less interested in it being perfectly, exactly, precisely what I want. So, I went with the oak, when I really probably would have preferred the cherry. But oak is great, it'll be really nice. I'm trying to decide whether to jump into the painting right now, or wait until the floor is installed. I'm thinking it better be now.

I'm kindof looking forward to the fundraiser thingy at the school tonight. There are supposed to be 3 big balloons and lots of "balloominarias", whatever those are. I've seen lots of balloons since moving here, from a bit of a distance, and that one off the bedroom balcony that was pretty close, but I haven't managed to be very close to one on the ground. I wish I knew what time they were blowing them up, that would be fun to watch. I'm looking forward to the "Balloon Fiesta" in October. I was hoping my mom would be here for it, but it doesn't look like that's working out. Sooo, it'll just be the Krause House. That's cool.


Update: I wrote this post yesterday, and since then I have realized that the fundraising night is NEXT WEEK. Jee-sus, could I be any more of a flake? So, all that drama, and canceling the sitter, and feeling like shit, all for no good reason at all. I think I'm going to buy one of those huge whiteboard calendars and put it up in the middle of the family room, maybe then I'll be able to keep my poop in a group. Sigh.

4 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger lonna said...

We went to a white board when Dermot was about 4 months. I am sure that if we had two it would be even more invaluable.

I kind of feel the same way about our house. I love our house and it was brand new, but we haven't done very many flourish-y types of things, and I think that it might seem like a real commitment to staying in Ames.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Stine said...

White board, good idea.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Katy said...

When is this baloon fest in october???

Bummer about the fundraiser night and lack of babysittage, but now you'll be totally prepared next time right? The whiteboard sounds like an excellent idea. You guys are a very busy family and could probably use a central organization thingy. Good luck, love you.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger hazel said...

that sucks about the babysitter!!! do you think you'll call her again for a different night, maybe?

I feel the same way about our house as you and lonna feel. we're getting a new floor in our kitchen and our living room (or we say we are, which we've been saying for like 4 months) and I'm sort of eh about getting something I like rather than getting something sort of neutral.

one quick thing...I have heard from a few different people taking st john's wort that it actually made them much worse. and one guy was pretty bad, and he looked it up on the internet and found that it's either really great or really bad, depending on your own chemistry. just throwing it out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home