Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Aarghhh! thwarted again

So, my darling husband talked to coworkers, and called child care facilities yesterday to try to find someone who'd be willing to babysit for me for a yoga class this week while he's gone. I can't tell you how much it meant to me that he would do this. Yesterday afternoon I got a call from a really nice woman who is a certified child care provider who would be willing to come to my home and watch the kids. We got it all set up for Wednesday, since it was getting a little last minute for my Monday class by that time. I was feeling good about this, very good. Until, of course, Madeline reminds me of the family fund raising night at the school Wednesday night, complete with luminarias, hot air balloons, ice cream, and an opportunity to buy the cute school t-shirt she's been craving. Fuck. Now what? She's totally been looking forward to this, and I forgot. I just want to cry right now. I'm going to have to call this woman back, who went out of her way to be available to me, and cancel. Not to mention, no yoga this week. Fuck Fuck Fuck.

9 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger lonna said...

Your husband is so sweet. My husband would probably make me do it on my own, although he can surprise me too. I'm sorry this happened. Just one more thing, huh?

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger NME said...

I bet this woman will understand if you tell her the circumstances and maybe do it on another night.

I wish you luck.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Stine said...

Yay for Clark. I'm sorry that it didn't work out this week. Hopefully she will be willing to work with you again.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger hazel said...

maybe instead of yoga, you can do it another night and do like spa treatment or a movie. you need to do this, whether it's on that wednesday or another day.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Jen O. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Jen O. said...

Does Madeline have friends with trusting parents who she can go with to the fundraiser?

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Katy said...

I wholeheartedly agree with Patrice. Even if you just find a little quiet corner out in the world and do your own yoga lesson just with yourself, you need a day off. And you now have a certified in home child care provider type person to call. You're making connections sweetie. I'm sorry that it's slow going.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

I hate it when things don't work out like you think they will. I'm sorry! What about next week?

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Kodi said...

I remember when I had conflicts like that, back when Kiri was little. And 99% of the time I sacrificed myself and went to Kiri's function instead of my own. Hang in there. Not every day will be like this. I wish I was there to help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home