Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Here we come Dave!

So, the Dave Matthews concert is tonight. As of yesterday, our sitter's son was running a fever, so we are on hold, fingers crossed. Clark tells me that if she falls through, he thinks his male, 23 year old assistant should be able to swing it. Sounds a little iffy, but at this point, beggars are not choosers. I was just cruising the Journal Pavilion site, and am excited to check out the venue. Having lived in a small town for 15 years with NO decent live music, it's really exciting to be able to just drive across town to see a concert. We were assured that the lawn seating was the way to go, so now I'm feeling like I should run out and buy a nice blanket (water proof, as we might be getting a little rain this afternoon), and some of those cool seats that you can sit on the ground and still have some back support. Madeline is on a short day today though, and if I am going to get serious about it, I'd have to go like right now. I'm excited. And a little stressed. Unfortunately, when you have kids, any venture like this comes with stress. It's also 'curriculum night' at Madeline's school. Kinda like back to school night I guess, but for parents only. Bring on the juggling act. I'd really like to check out the home of the person watching the kids (oh, yeah, and actually meet her, that might be nice too), but I think it would make more sense for Clark to haul the kids out there while I go to the school. We'll see. Hopefully there won't be too much trauma along the way. Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger lonna said...

I hope that all of your plans work out. Enjoy the show!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Stine said...

good luck working it all out baby. Hopefully this boy works out because then you can have another babysitting option.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Katy said...

23 year old boy you say???? I approve! Hope alls well and I love ya!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Good luck, and have a blast at Dave! I'm jealous!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger hazel said...

I think you said up above here that you did wind up seeing dmb. was it good? I went to a dmb show once, and they were very good live.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home