Thursday, September 29, 2005

are you sick of me yet?

Woo Hoo! Three posts in three days. That must be some kind of record for me. I know it doesn't hold a candle to Stine's 3 posts in one day today, but, hey, I'm trying. (love you stine!!)

So, I totally busted ass and finished painting the downstairs front room yesterday. It looks SO good. I'm really proud of it. I freehanded all the cutting in (no tape), except the floorboards, cause those are hard, and I must say, my technique has improved fantastically since my first painting project. I even like the green in the bedroom better now that there's blue downstairs. No idea why that would be, but for some reason it really does look better. I'm only a little sore today too. Nothing that a little time on the yoga mat won't fix up.

It rained all night last night, and we woke up to a very dark morning. The kids could hardly believe that it was really morning, Zach actually insisted on going back to bed after getting up to go pee pee. I love the rain. I've lived in mostly desert areas for the past 15 years or so, so a good downpour just makes me happy. The sound, the smell, the dimness of the light, I love it all. I did feel a little bad for all the poor desert plants around here that looked awfully drenched this morning, but damnit, it was time for the heat to relent!

The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta is supposed to start at o'dark thirty in the morning tomorrow, and the balloon people are freaking out. Apparently, October is typically clear and dry here, and the weather is thwarting all the balloon fiesta-ing plans. The first event is called Albuquerque Aloft, they send up balloons from all over the city. Three are going up from Madeline's school. At 6:45 AM. She wants to go really bad, but that is SO early. The event goes from 6:45 to 8:00, so what the heck am I supposed to do with her for the hour until school starts, if I get her up at 6 to get ready and get over there. Not to mention, I'd also have to get Zach up at that seriously early hour. We'll see, maybe the weather will make the decision for me.

Speaking of, it just started thundering again, so I better turn the computer off, I'd hate to fry it with a power surge or something.

4 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger lonna said...

The balloon thing always looked so cool. I've seen one at a time behind the house where I grew up, but I would think that seeing a bunch at once would be cool.

I can't wait until I have to wake Dermot up at 6:00. That's about when he gets up on his own some days.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Missuz J said...

Checked your blog, assuming I'd find the old post, and was so happy to see something new! Mom invited me and Soph to tag along on UEA. I'm chewing on the idea. What do you think?

Oh--pictures of the blue room please, as soon as you can manage.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger hazel said...

yeah, I want to see pictures of the house!

6:45 is seriously early. I know nicole (nme) is probably rolling her eyes right now. but then again, she thinks 9pm is late! (as I plead with bella some nights to go to sleep already at 11pm or later. alone time? what's that?)

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Stine said...

I can't wait to see the painted house. If you do get up early, may the force be with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home