Friday, April 21, 2006

Can we catch a break here? please?

We've had sick kids here at the Krause House since we got back from our lovely vacation. Colds first, then Madeline ended up with hers turning into a sinus infection, and now Zach has hand foot and mouth disease which is making him (and by extention, me) totally miserable. As bad as I feel for him, I am SO tired of lurking around the house trying to get kids to drink more fluids and rest. I was all ready to head out yesterday and today and do all those errands I've been putting off, and now I have to put them off for another week, since apparently Zach is "extremely" contagious. Joy.

On the yoga front, I think I've officially decided to continue my teacher training and complete the whole 500 hour certification this year. My studio offers a 200 hour, which is what I'm doing right now, and the whole shebang 500 hour, which obviously entails tacking another 300 hours onto the first 200. I had originally thought it would take some serious arm twisting to get Clark to go for just the 200, which it did, initially. It would seem that my enjoyment of the process thus far has been so apparent to him, that he actually suggested I continue and do the rest of the training now, rather than wait a year, which was my original plan. I'm both excited and apprehensive. I HAVE been enjoying myself immensely so far, but commiting to another 6 months of 4 hour Saturday afternoon sessions seems like a lot. The time commitment will stay the same, the Saturday sessions, plus 2 classes a week, and one study group a week, but hopefully once school starts and I get Zach into preschool (a whole other story), I can start doing the classes during the day, which would free up my evenings, which would be nice.

Since I brought it up, I guess I'll mention briefly the preschool search. Ugh. I've been looking and looking, and so far everything falls into one of 4 categories: extremely Christian, day care, Montessori and WAY too expensive, or all the way across town. Unless I can find something up here that is less religious, I may end up hauling him all the way down to the one recommended to us by Clark's work friend, which seems very nice, but I'm not too sure how I'll be able to get Madeline and Zach both to school at 9am on opposite sides of town. Haven't quite mastered the 'being two places at once' trick. Wish me luck, cause the boy needs to interact with someone other than me, bad.

Clark's work situation continues to be a challenge, I wish I could divulge more of the dirty details, but until things shake out, I really shouldn't. Change is in the air though, and fingers are crossed that it will be good change.

I finally plugged the digital camera into the computer, and lo and behold, it appears to be exceedingly easy to at least view the pictures that are in there. I was afraid I wouldn't have the right software, etc etc, but I am encouraged, and maybe, if I can get Zach to nap while I'm stranded in the house with him for a week, I'll get some pics up here. Yeah, don't hold your breath on that one.

4 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Katy said...

hey sweetie! so sorry the chilluns are sickie boos. That totally sucks. But now that you're going to be stranded at home you can blog more right?? RIGHT???? :) So cool beans on the yoga thing. Good luck with that. And the pictures thing REALLY IS that easy. Flickr is a breeze to work with if you're interested in something like that. Call me if you need help setting it up. Love you!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger NME said...

I hope the spring air banishes illness from the krause house. Good luck on that preschool hunt.

And the yoga - fantastic! I guess it'd be kind of far for me to come to take a class - huh? That's okay. It's been so long my downward dog is more like a dog that fell over.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Stine said...

Give the kids some love from me. Poor little ones. In case I haven't told you before, I'm VERY proud of you for deciding to do the entire teacher training. You were meant to, and I knew you would eventually.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger hazel said...

poor krause house! trent had that hand foot & mouth disease. it wasn't fun but it doesn't last forever. it just feels like it.

so exciting that you're going to be a certified yoga person.

when you say "day care" do you mean not a school per se, but a place to just watch your kids?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home