Friday, January 06, 2006

Stine Surgery Update

A quick note regarding Stine's surgery. I just got an email from Lyam, and, um, I'll just copy it into here.

"Just letting all you kids/cats/kaboodles know that, according to those in the know, Christine's throat surgery went smoothly today. The best news is that she seems to be breathing unassisted, which means that the nerve attached to the left vocal cord is probably unaffected, which bodes well for the future of her voice. All in all, good and encouraging signs/news."

Sooo, so far so good. :)

I've been wanting to post some stuff about my lovely Stine, and how we met and became best friends and all that, I'll try to get to it this weekend. Right now, I'm tired, and relieved, and going to bed.

Continued prayers for a quick and complete recovery!

5 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger lonna said...

I'm glad that things seem to have gone well. Thanks for letting the blogoverse know.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger OMH said...

She has my prayers! Keep us posted.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Kodi said...

Oh, thank God. Keep us updated as she recovers. I only met Stine once, but I totally thought she rocked.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger thelyamhound said...

I have a brief update on her progress on my blog. You should have a look.

Basically, though, the news is all good so far. She's talking, so the vocal cord seems to have made the journey more or less unscathed. She's in reasonably good spirits. There's a little fever now and again, but they say that's pretty normal, provided it doesn't meet or exceed 101% for more than a few hours, which it hasn't.

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger NME said...

I'm glad Stine is doing well.

You commented on my blog that you were feeling a little low. I'm so sorry to hear that. Maybe you can blog about it? Come on.... it'll make you feel better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home