Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Hey! I think I fixed it!

I took off all the kids software (sorry kids!) to be installed on the extra laptop we 'acquired' from Clark's old job, ran the spybot software (thanks Eric!), and ran the virus checker thingy. Some stuff came up on the spybot scan, so I just pushed the FIX IT button and crossed my fingers. I'm so computer illiterate these days.

I had a nice long post all ready to go yesterday, and now I'm feeling uninspired again. I've been kindof hiding out lately. Sinking into the lull between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I need to get my poop in a group though, cause I haven't even STARTED Christmas shopping yet, and the tree is only half decorated. This is the first Christmas I will have spent without my Smith family. I was hoping to see MissuzJ and the fabulous Sophie Gene, along with their male counterparts, but alas, it is not to be. I don't want to bum the Missuz off any more by complaining about the suck assedness of that, but it is bumming me out a bit.

One good thing about hiding out was that I did get a ton of yoga in. I've been slacking again the last week or so, but last weekend (weekend before last? I don't remember) I went to a great yoga workshop put on by favorite Albuquerque teacher. I also managed to get both my midweek classes in for the week before and the week after. It was really nice to start to feel some accumulative effects of that much work. Sometimes I feel like I'm running to stand still as far as the yoga goes. I'm learning a ton, but my body hasn't quite caught up yet. I told Clark, and mentioned to my teacher, that I'd like to start the teacher training program offered at the studio I go to. It is a huge deal for me to be able to say I WANT something, so I'm feeling pretty vulnerable about it. We'll have to see if the budget can stretch that far.

Madeline and I saw "Disney's Beauty and the Beast" Sunday. What a cluster fuck that was. Clark heard about it and sent me an email with a link to Ticketmaster. I thought it sounded like some good holiday fun, so I booked the tickets online through Ticketmaster. Since they charge you almost $20 bucks to ship the tickets to you, I just had them hold them at Will Call. Anyhoo, I put it on the calendar, and didn't think about it again until the day before the show. I was sure that the venue was the "Kiva" theater, which I thought I knew the exact location of. Yeah, not so much. Unfortunately, my computer was throwing a hissy fit, so I couldn't double check it online, but I did try to look up the Kiva Theater in the phone book. Not there. Clark got home later than I would have hoped from his Sunday Meeting, so we were already running late, but I thought we'd barely make it, and I was SURE I knew where this thing was. We raced downtown, grabbed a parking spot, ran down the sidewalk to the KIMO theater (ok, I thought, I got the wrong word, that explains why I couldn't find it in the phonebook), doors locked, no one there. I called Clark in a panic, and he said he was sure it was in the auditorium on campus. So, at 2:00, as the show was starting, we headed toward campus. Clark unsuccessfully tried to get back on the computer, and ended up calling the auditorium on campus while we were driving around, and eventually found out that it was in the Kiva Auditorium in the Convention Center. So, I wasn't crazy about the Kiva thing, which was nice to know, but I had no idea where the fucking convention center was. Back downtown we drive, following the couple signs pointing toward the convention center, but the actual building had NO signage, NOTHING indicating that Beauty and the Beast was there, and NO mention of the Kiva Auditorium. At this point, I was about ready to bawl, seriously. I pulled into a scary looking parking structure (with NO ONE in the parking person booth thingy), parked the car, and started searching the convention center. Again, NO signs. Almost on accident we ended up walking around a corner, and there it was!! Thank God! Of couse, by that time we were almost half an hour late, and there was no one at the Will Call desk, so we hunted someone down and they hustled us in. Into the shittiest seats in the house, but hey, at that point I was NOT complaining. At intermission, we found our real seats which were much better, and Madeline, bless her heart, was a total sweetheart the whole time. I think she sensed I was on the verge. The show was decent, and I think she had a good time, but it was definitely a huge pain in the ass.

OK, I better go feed the little one. Just had to get that out, and make an appearance here in blogopolis. Time to start coming out of my shell again, and get this Christmas thing going already.

4 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Stine said...

Fingers crossed on the computer fix.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Katy said...

Yay! she's back! Sorry about the Beauty and the beast fiasco. When we went to it I wasn't to impressed. Could have been the grandma factor, or the fact that it was so fucking hot outside I thought I was gonna die. but i remember thinking that madeline would love it.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger lonna said...

What a hassle about the show. I'm so glad that Madeline was a good sport. I know that if someone else was freaking out, I would have totally lost it.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger hazel said...

oh my god, that's horrendous. I hate days like that. good for you for keeping it together.

fingers crossed on the yoga thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home