Thursday, December 01, 2005

Thanksgiving, Christmas trees, and home again

So, I got a digital camera, kindof. My mother in law sent us hers, since she doesn't use it, so we could try it out and figure out what kind and with what features we want to buy. I don't know if/when she expects it back, but it is a fun new toy for sure. I'm still new to this digital photo posting thing, so bear with me. I obviously need to enable the red-eye reducing feature, or figure out how to doctor them digitally, especially with all our fair kidlets, and my focus is not always spot on, but I'm learning. As far as the posting goes, they're totally out of order, but hey, they're up there. The Christmas tree outing actually happened the day after thanksgiving, and it was really fun. They have a thing in Cedar called the 'American Children's Christmas Festival', complete with tree displays, santa visits, parades, and musical programs. We missed the parade this year, but I always enjoy the trees the most anyways.

I think Becky and Katy covered the actual Thanksgiving festivities pretty well, so I won't rehash all that. All in all, we had a really good visit with the fam. The weather cooperated, no driving in snow on any of the FOUR days we were in the car, and it was quite comfortable in Cedar while we were there. The kids were fantastic in the car, mostly watching their dvd's (thank GOD for the dvd player) and eating snacks. We had one moment of panic when the cordless earphones were accidentally run over, but we cruised down to St. George and picked up another pair on our way out of town, no biggie. The kids all played together nicely, and the adults played together mostly nicely. I won't rehash that part either.

Sorry it took so long to get this stuff up, Becky, I have no excuse other than being a lazy ass.

6 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger lonna said...

Great pictures. I think that it's interesting that the cousins look alike to me. My brother and I didn't look anything like our cousins.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Missuz J said...

Not a lazy ass!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Katy said...

Yay! My Mandy is back!!! And FYI you don't give me too much advice. I need all the help I can get dealing with mom. Love you, and the pictures!!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger rob said...

:D

Just :D

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger NME said...

THANK GOD you got a digital camera! I've been dying for more photos of the Smith Sisters and their kidlets.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Kodi said...

It was fabulous hanging out with you. My drunk rendition of Headstrong was wretched, I know, but I had fun all the same. Love the pictures. I barely got to see your kids as they piled in the van to go get ice cream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home