Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Since Stine asked

Mom's Cheeseball

5 2 oz. packages Budding Corned Beef, finely chopped
3 8 oz. packages cream cheese
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 tbs. Worchestershire Sauce
1 tbs. Accent

Mix 1/2 the corned beef with the rest of the ingredients
Chill
Form into 2 balls, roll in remaining corned beef
Serve with crackers or bagels

Somehow it doesn't look as yummy when you read the recipe, but once you get started it's hard to stop. Maybe it's the MSG. I guess there's a reason it's a once a year kind of thing. All I know is that it's not Christmas without it. Mmmmmm, cheeeeese balllllll.

Oh, and I fixed the link on the "What Christmas Tree Are You" quiz thingy, in case you'd like to know what kind of tree YOU are.

5 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger hazel said...

you lost me at cream cheese. oh well.

I am a traditional christmas tree. which is...odd.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Katy said...

I'm a traditional tree too. And mom started making cheese ball yesterday, I got my first little smackrel last night. Oh happy day.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger thelyamhound said...

I'm a tinsel tree. Which means that Christmas is "no different from the rest of the year", that I "do things my own way" and "surprise people".

The cheese ball sounds lovely. As an Irishman, I'm naturally drawn to corned beef.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger lonna said...

My mom used to make that cheese ball when I was a kid I think. I don't remember it lasting that long or coming around too often.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Stine said...

Funny Ly, I'm a tinsel tree too.

I could do cheeseball...yes, yes I could.

But instead, we will be doing Ly's breakfast pizza, and my white trash taco salad. Oh, and home made Irish Creme and coffee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home