Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Parent Teacher Joy

I went to a parent teacher conference with Madeline's teacher this morning. I am pleased to report that she is doing fantastic across the board. She's reading above grade level, she's quick and accurate with her math, and she's had straight 100's in spelling. Her teacher says she's sweet, fun, respectful, and a joy to have in class. How rocking is that?! I'm SO proud. She had a rough transition changing schools in the middle of the year last year, and spent a few months being angry and not interested in school (as some of you know), and it's such a huge weight lifted to see her thriving and happy. Now, every day when I pick her up from school she says she had a GREAT day. You just can't ask for more than that from your child's school experience. We just need to find a fantastic preschool for Little Z, and we'll be set.

Sorry about the vagueness of that last post. Sometimes it's hard to know where to draw the line between honesty and privacy (mine and others). I'm glad I wrote about it, for me as much as anything else, and hopefully lessons were learned all around. I know I learned some. That boundaries thing, it can be a bitch sometimes.

8 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger lonna said...

Way to go Madeline! That's awesome. You have every right to be proud.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Missuz J said...

Woot! That little gal is amazing. Can't wait to see her (and you) SOON!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Katy said...

YAY FOR MADELINE!! I'm so glad that she's adjusted and happy! I'm so excited to see you guys! Just a few more days! YAY!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger hazel said...

yay!! for her and for you. I'm sure it's put you way more at ease as well as madeline.

boundaries...what boundaries?? heh.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Yay for Madeline! And for Mama Krause for helping her through what sounds like a tough transition.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Stine said...

She's a smart cookie your daughter.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger NME said...

That must feel wonderful. Congratulations on raising such a sweet, fun, respectful and joyous daughter.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Kodi said...

I love parent teacher conferences. Can't wait to see you in a couple days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home