Monday, October 24, 2005

I'm still here

I know I've been blogslacking again. I've been reading a lot, but can't seem to get inspired to write anything.

My parents were here from Thursday afternoon until Sunday morning. It was a good visit, and they both seemed happier than I've seen them in awhile, which was very nice. We went to the zoo, and the new balloon museum, and waited much longer than I'd planned for a fancy dinner out at El Pinto.

Sunday I was depressed. Really depressed. Much more depressed than I've been in quite awhile. After my parents hit the road, I went upstairs, sat down on the couch, turned on the Sunday afternoon movies, and didn't do a damn thing the rest of the day. And not in a good, I'm relaxing after a long couple weeks way. In a, I didn't even feed the kids lunch, and then they had cold pizza for dinner, and I didn't eat all day, way. I wish I could pinpoint exactly what was going on with me, but as usual, it was a combination of a lot of things, exhaustion being only one of them. I'm feeling a little better today, but I kindof scared myself yesterday. Especially the not being able to care for my children part. They don't deserve that, and it cannot be allowed to continue. I feel better today, but if I start having more days like that I will definitely need to get on some meds.

Clark left yesterday for Vegas for a couple days. He's been on the road so much lately, but assures me that they have decided to lay off for the holidays. I hope he's right about that. There have been some other issues with his job that I won't go into here, because I wouldn't want to get him in trouble (not that I think anyone from his work would ever read this, but you never know). It's making me really miss the simplicity of our life in Cedar. I know this is an opportunity for both of us, but it's FUCKING HARD. A lot of the issues we've faced since moving here have been things that I totally anticipated, and that he didn't. Now we're getting into the stuff that neither of us anticipated. It is bringing us closer, since we are communicating about it, which if you know us at all, you know is HUGE, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Enough with the downer. I've been trying to turn this day around, and will not be sucked back into the abyss by dwelling on it.

We haven't officially started on the halloween costumes yet, but they have decided on what they want to be, and I have some ideas about how to put them together. Madeline is going to be a garden fairy with a yellow outfit. I don't know where she came up with the yellow, and am hoping I don't have to search too much for a yellow sweatsuit or dress or something. She already has fairy wings. They're getting a little old and worn out, but they'll work if I can't find anything else. The rest should be pretty easy to throw together from the flower department at the craft store. Zach is going to be a pirate. He has dark pants and Madeline has an old red and white striped turtleneck we'll use. We need to find a sword and a hat, maybe a vest, or a parrot or something, then we'll draw a patch on with black eyeliner. He's working on his "aarrgh!" and it's coming along pretty well. I'm slacking on halloween compared to years past, but they don't seem stressed, so I won't stress either.

The weekend after halloween I'm off to Seattle. I'm going to see Stine's show and hang out for a couple days. I had been planning to see another friend of mine while I was there, which I was really excited about, but his plans have changed, which is a major bummer. However, I can't be too sad, because Ly and Stine are more than enough friend quota for me. I wish I had a little more time to spend, but oh well. She's in tech week this week and opens Friday? Thursday? I know she's more stressed than she'd anticipated, and I wish I could be there for her more.

Tomorrow I'll try to get a post up about the Krauses, since I said I would. Right now though, the kids want dinner.

8 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger lonna said...

I'm so sorry that you had such a shitty day yesterday. It can't help having to take care of so much by yourself during the week, and then having your parents around. I would think that having your parents around would just reinforce what you are missing about Utah and the rest of your family and friends. I hope that you find a way to feel better about things.

The kids' Halloween costumes sound fun. Dermot loves pirate stuff too.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger thelyamhound said...

Amanda, darling . . . I've got a second job!! So while that means I'll be working for an undue portion of your visit, that means that I should have a few extra bucks to go (drumroll, please) RECORD SHOPPING!!!

Oh, I've things to show you . . .

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger NME said...

Sounds like you are overwhelmed and missing your family a great deal. That is bound to bring a girl down. And your stuff about Clark's job is SO cryptic that I'm terribly intrigued.

It's great you are so creative with the costumes. Noah is either gonna have store-bought costumes or be a ghost every year. Mark and I were going to be pirates (Noah as our parrot) this year - but I didn't want to do all the work to get our costumes together because I'm uninspired and lazy.

Sounds like you are in dire need of some Stine time in Seattle. I hope you have a lovely trip.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Missuz J said...

Sweet girl--I love you and want you to be happy so badly! Please go to the doctor--even if things don't get worse. It's not ok that you're not eating, and it's not ok that you feel sad so often. Seattle will be a great recharger for you. I hope you PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR!!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger hazel said...

if I told you how many times during trent's existence that he's either gone without a meal or had cereal for dinner/spaghetti-o's for breakfast/ice cream for lunch, you'd probably feel infinitely better about not giving your kids lunch. maybe if you can remove the guilt one thing at a time, it won't feel so overwhelming. I've noticed that when I am stressed or lazy or whatev and trent gets to eat something crazy for a meal (or isn't required to eat anything) he's ECSTATIC! so I'm sure your kids were thrilled with the cold pizza. don't sweat it. we've all been there.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Stine said...

Hey sweets. Hang in there. We're going to have such a kick ass time, even if it will be short. I'm very excited. Don't beat yourself up too much about the kids, they are strong little creatures. Take care of yourself, don't think too hard, and be gentle with my best friend. K? Check your email...I have another thought.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Katy said...

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said except that the baby sis loves you.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

I hate those days where I just don't want to do anything but check the fuck out. I've had more than my share in the last few months. I'm sorry that you're dealing with that too. I hope Halloween helps pick up your spirits! Hey that was kinda punny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home