Wednesday, October 19, 2005

OK, my turn

I was trying to decide if I should write a brief history of the Krause family and my role in it, or bitch and moan about how I never see my husband any more, but instead, I think I'll do this. Much easier. I do intend to fill in some of the Krause fam blanks, but I'm still a little raw from the recent visit of the Krause matriarch, so it'll have to wait. Fair warning, I may plagarize a bunch of this from missuzj, cause apparently we're a lot alike in some of these areas.

10 years ago: Clark and I had just got engaged. We were engaged before Becca and Eric, but they beat us to the altar by several months. Clark and I had been living together for a few months, with the agreement that we were headed towards marriage, because I didn't want to end up cohabitating with someone who then might not want that kind of commitment. My cousin got married in early fall, with all the mormon rigamarole attached, and we were summoned to northern utah for the event. I told Clark I wasn't going without at least a ring on my finger, so I got one.

5 years ago: We were getting ready for halloween with our beautiful 1 year old. She was so fun at that age. All big blue eyes, long curly eyelashes, and giggles. She dressed up like a bunny, and was about the cutest thing EVER.

1 year ago: Clark had just got done with his first round of interviews at Albuquerque Economic Development. He was getting more excited about moving, and I was getting more terrified. We were getting ready to head into one of the toughest times in our marriage, the big move.

5 snacks: Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (it's a real good thing it's hard to find around here, or I'd be in trouble), caramel Hershey's kisses, cheese puffs from Whole Foods, ginger thins, and I know it's not really a snack, but I'm totally into Vitamin Water lately, Power-C flavor.

5 songs I know all the words to: Becca just should have put 'all songs' on hers, cause she's totally a song lyrics rain man. Dusty Springfield, Son of a Preacher Man; Prince, Darling Niki; Marianne Faithful, Sex with Strangers; Ani DiFranco, Evolve; Nina Simone, Put a little sugar in my bowl

5 things I could do with $100 million: college for the kids, get my girls (and myself) out of debt, big vacation with all the peeps I love, get a PhD and not have to worry about what job I'd get with it after, serious shoe shopping with Katester

5 things I would never wear: why is this one so hard? I'm totally going to steal from Becca on this. garments, stirrup pants, shiny nylon track suit, belly baring shirts (farewell days of the flat stomach), the hideous green lame dress I wore to some school dance in high school, seriously, it was hideous.

5 favorite tv shows: Good Eats, NYPD Blue (even if it is no more, sad), Property Ladder, Moving Up, Divine Design, Days of our Lives (what can I say, my mom got me started early on that one)

5 biggest joys: little boy smooches from Zach, big squeezes from Madeline, time to read in a clean and quiet house, chilling and listening to new music with Ly and Stine, any time I get to spend with Sophie and her mommy.

5 favorite toys: this one is hard too. lets just call it 5 favorite ways to waste time: blogging, bejeweled 2 (thanks stine), reading Tamora Pierce (over and over), talking on the phone, watching tv. Geez, I sound like I'm about 15, yikes.

That was fun, thanks Lonna. Stine? Ly? wanna do it?

10 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Katy said...

Ok first of all, I cannont BELIEVE you've been gone for almost a year. Part of my is like, oh that's right, she did move in January, and the part of me is like ONLY A YEAR? Second, I totally want to go to a Whole Foods. Take me when I come out?? Which will hopefully be soon! We so need to have a real conversation about that, with like Calendars and planning and such. Next Shoe shopping, YAY!! Love you muchly muchly!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Stine said...

Ah bejeweled. I am also an addict of tetris on my cell phone.

10 years ago...man...times flies away.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

I'm obsessed with Moving Up and Property Ladder. Yay for TLC.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Missuz J said...

10 years. Shit dude. Doing this and reading your made me feel kind of old.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Stine said...

I don't wanna hear it missuzj. Old Schmold!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger lonna said...

I love little boy kisses too!

I have been addicted to bejeweled 2 in the past as well. Now I am totally addicted to boggle at games.com. It's not even right. In fact I'm going there as soon as I finish reading 3 more blogs.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger hazel said...

okay, quick story. so I was waiting for bella to wake up from her nap in the carseat. I was in the back seat of the car. I was bored, looking for something to read, but the only thing in the car is an atlas. so I pick it up and read the first few pages that have facts about blah blah blah. the next page is a huge map of the entire US. I looked at the left page, the west. first city that popped up at me? albuquerque. cedar city was listed too. and then I saw flagstaff. a little triangle! so now I know why you guys meet there. I tried to see how far away albuquerque was from cedar city and it's a ways. it takes me 2 hours to get from my house to new york city and it looked like maybe double the amount - 4 hours? 5?

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger amandak said...

Patrice,
It's about 5 hours to Flagstaff, then another 5 from there to Cedar. So yeah, 10 hours of driving through southwestern NOTHINGNESS. Possible, but long.

It's only 2 hours from your house to New York? Cool.
-A

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Kodi said...

Makes me miss all the more. Someday I would love to hear the story of how you and Clark met.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger NME said...

I STILL want that family history. How did you meet Clark?

And will please someone explain the garments to me?

LOVE caramel Kisses. SOO GOOD.

I was a huge NYPD Blue Fan but didn't really watch the last year. I liked Jimmy Smits and even Ricky - but once they replaced him with Zach I had a hard time keeping up. Plus - Andy was going through TOO many women.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home