Friday, October 14, 2005

Hanging In

Just had a minute, but thought I'd report that we're hanging in there with the MIL. I'm feeling a little more tired than usual, and craving my own space, since even though she's sleeping at the hotel, her waking hours are spent with me. I realized that with family, just because you didn't ask for it, doesn't mean you don't have to do it, and she IS family. I just wish we had a little more in common, or were a little more relaxed with each other. But, who knows, that may yet happen. If I'm this mentally and emotionally wiped out after 3 days though, it may be a serious challenge to look at this as a seasonal situation for her. There is much discussion to be had on that subject with the honey. Just when I thought I'd be getting my life back, it looks like there's going to be another person to take care of, and even if it is marginal care, it is falling to me. Maybe I should feel flattered. I'll try that.

2 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Keeping a MIL happy is a big job, especially when it's down to you to do it. Hang in there!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger hazel said...

how did it wind up falling to you???????

whatever you decide, I'm sure it will get easier with time. good on ya, though, for keeping your chin up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home