Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Not Good

So, I'm starting the day in a crappy mood. Not Good. I need a serious attitude adjustment. I don't know exactly why I'm in a crappy mood, but it certainly isn't going to be helpful in dealing with my MIL all day. Just to clarify, in case I wasn't clear, as some of the comments indicated, she's not staying in my house (thank god), and this time around she's only here for a week, so I guess I can't complain too much. Her attitude actually seems much improved from last time she came to visit, so that's good. We went to the grocery store yesterday morning with Zach in tow, and then sat around the kitchen and talked. All. Day. Long. I'm not used to quite THAT much grown up interaction. I'm used to being able to do what I want with my days, aside from caring for little Z. Today, I think we'll need to get out of the house. I don't want to impose my schedule on her, and I feel like I need to take care of her to a certain degree, in terms of preparing meals and such. I don't know, it just seems like I'm ending up taking much more responsibility for her and her needs than I signed up for. Maybe that's what happens when you marry an older man, whose parents had their kids later in life, you end up taking care of your aging mother in law at 31.

I did get out to my meditation class last night, which was awesome, yet again. I want to do this every day. I was so in the zone. (Sorry, Ly, for being so spacey on the phone, I would have liked to chat, but I was sleepy, and a little too relaxed for intelligent conversation, if you catch my drift.) I am giving up my usual yoga class tonight, for no good reason than I feel bad being gone 2 nights in a row while Pat is here.

I also noticed yesterday that I missed a pill. Yeah, those pills. I started my new pack Sunday, then forgot Monday and took 2 last night, Tuesday. I think I should still be covered, but I gotta say, I am SOOO paranoid about accidental pregnancy at this stage in the game, I feel like putting things on hold for a month (or, I guess, obtaining a backup method). What do you think, girls, still covered? or freak out for a month?

OK, I better go feed the kid, and try to grab a shower before Pat gets here.

8 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Missuz J said...

You're definitely allowed a crappy mood, and in addition, you should stick to your schedule as much as you freakin' want too, and Pat can either tag along or take care of her own damn self. She may be an elderly adult, but she's still an adult for crying out loud.

End rant.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger NME said...

Bring Pat along. Maybe she would enjoy seeing what you and the kids do on a typical day.

If you are worried about it - make Clark use backup.

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just keep focusing on Seattle. The Mother in Law will come and go but your future is always yours.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

I've always had luck with the double pill the day after forgetting one. I believe it says that's what you should do.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger lonna said...

I'd be in a crappy mood if I was in charge of entertaning my mother-in-law without Ethan around. I like my MIL, but that's a lot of time. I also agree that if she wants to spend time with her grandkids that she should see them in their natural environment. Take her out with you or give her another option by herself.

As for the pill, I was totally paranoid when I was on it. I only missed once, but I think that we used a condom just in case. I was so not ready to get pregnant until I actually did get pregnant. On the other hand, I agree with Katie that it shouldn't officially be a problem since you doubled up the next day.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Kodi said...

Dude, mother in laws can be a pain. I love my MIL, but she comes around once a month for visiting teaching. I told her once I didn't want/need a visiting teacher, but she still comes over. I can't be rude to her because she is my MIL. God.
Hey, do you mind if I come with Becca for the mother's day thing in Flagstaff this year? I totally want to see you.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Stine said...

How's the MIL going? You still hanging in there?

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger hazel said...

as a habitual pill misser, you're covered if it's one day. two days is real iffy. three days is a no go even though I've not followed that advice.

I agree with rebecca. she's an adult. I'd give her choices - like either she can fend for herself or join you or if she doesn't feel comfortable with either of those, you can stay home with her. I'd bet she'd say go ahead and do what you have to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home