Thursday, November 03, 2005

Parting Shots

I'm off to Seattle tomorrow!!! Yay Yay Yay!!

We've been getting through, here at the Krause House the last week or so. As some of you know, the work situation has been stressing things around here, but I'm happy to say, I think we're through the worst of it. (Knocking on wood!, cause every time I say that, I get fucked, I should learn) Clark was in Washington DC on Halloween. Suck ass. I was pissed. Not at him, just at the situation in general, but I didn't let it get me too down. We made costumes, and decorated the front windows and just got on with it without him.

Madeline was a garden fairy. She wore white sweats and turtleneck with a yellow t-shirt over it and a yellow flower petal fairy skirt (which I made, thank you very much). She had an ivy crown with daisys and butterflies, and fairy wings, and a butterfly wand, and she was GORGEOUS. If I do say so. I got some pics, and blah blah blah, they might get posted some day.

Zach was a pirate. He'd been practicing with his "Aargh, me hearties!" and was getting really good, but I couldn't get him to say it while he was trick or treating. He had black pants, a red and white striped long sleeve, a red and black scarf tied around his waist to hold his sword, a pirate hat (FINALLY found one, the day before halloween, for $10, whatever), and we painted a patch on him in black eyeliner. He was awesome.

I think Madeline enjoyed passing out candy as much as anything. She'd hurry past me to grab the candy bowl and then she'd stand there with it and say, "Please take one of your choosing." Queen of the candy bowl, reigning benevolently over the trick or treaters.

We trick or treated a little in our neighborhood. There were two houses the kids wanted to hit for sure, with fabulous decorations, so we hit those, and the ones in between. After trick or treating, we came home, put in "The Nightmare Before Christmas", and had popcorn and some treats. It was actually really fun, but definitely would have been better with Clark there.

I'm SO EXCITED for Seattle I can hardly sit still. I CAN'T WAIT to see the show, and my Stine and everyone!! We're going to paartay! Oh, and probably also get a massage :), and do some yoga, and chill, and play cards, and eat eat eat. I only wish I could stay a little longer, or get there a little sooner. I just feel like my energy is in a really good place to be going there right now. In the past, I have brought my breakdowns to Seattle. You know, those little issues that you keep a lid on, and then when you have enough physical distance from the problem, it hits you in the ass. Yeah, a couple of those. This time, I don't feel any of those lurking. I feel very free and available to just go and have a good time with the people I care most about outside my family. It's really good to have people like that. People who you can step outside your roles as mother, wife, daughter, etc. and just be yourself.

I'll be back late Monday, for those of you I won't be seeing, and for those of you I WILL be seeing, SEE YOU SOON!!! WOO HOO!

7 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger lonna said...

Have a great time. I'm glad that you had a good Halloween even if it was without Clark. The kids sound like they looked so awesome. I love Madeline's line while handing out candy. She is queen of the candy bowl.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Katy said...

I so want to spend Halloween at your house!! And I totally heard Madeline say please take one of your choosing...that's so like her. Can't wait to see pics. Love you, have fun

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Missuz J said...

That Madelstein is a freaking crack up! She is royalty through and through.

Bon voyage! I wish you the BEST most FABULOUS Seattle Trip Ever!!!

(Can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving.)

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger hazel said...

have a great time! though I think you're already there. in that case, hope you had a great time! I can't wait to hear all about it.

your kids are so cute, I want to pluck them and eat them.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger NME said...

Tell Clark he needs to buy you a digital camera. It will make all of our lives better. I can't wait to see the kids in their costumes.

Hope you had a great weekend. It's so great you are getting away for a weekend to be with your friends. It's a nice reminder of who you are in the absence of all your roles.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Yeah for Seattle! Yeah for fun. Have a blast!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Missuz J said...

You are hereby ordered by the mayor of blogburg to BLOG ABOUT YOUR TRIP!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home