Friday, March 09, 2007

Return to Blogland

OK, well, here we are.

I wasn't sure if I remembered how to do this.

Not sure if I should try to recap the last 4 months, or just move on from here.

Let's start with current status. Today I'm home with a sicky. Zach has a cold, and is cranky enough that he wanted to stay home and miss PJ day and the Teddy Bear picnic they had planned for today. Bummer. He feels hot to me, but the thermometer says normal. I don't think I trust it. I had the flu last weekend, so we're catching up on all the sick we missed this winter now that it's spring. Oh, and can I say, thank GOD spring is here! Like my sis, I tend to run better solar powered. I'm all inspired to do spring cleaning and get stuck back into the backyard project.

Kids are doing well. Last week we had parent teacher conference for Madeline and she got a stellar report from her teacher, as usual. She's getting better about doing homework, which was bordering on torturous there for awhile, and is riding the bus and walking to the bus stop independently. As much as I am afraid of her being on the bus, it really is nice to send her off from the front door with a kiss in the morning, and greet her there again in the afternoon. I'm not missing the fiasco that was the elementary school parking lot for drop off and pick up.

I just got her signed up for nature camp this summer. It looks like we've about got the summer planned already. Yep, in March. I was on the ball this year and got both of them into the program at the BioPark. That, plus a couple weeks of swimming lessons, preschool summer school for Z, and a trip to Yosemite should keep us pretty busy. I'm getting nervous about Zach starting kindergarten already. He's a little dude, and will be on the young side in his class (his bday is in April), and I have considered waiting, but I just don't know. I don't want him to struggle, but I also don't want him to be bored for another year in preschool, and honestly, don't really want him and his sis to be too terribly far apart in school. I think we're going to see how summer school goes, and make a final decision after that.

I have to go over to the school today and turn in all the various registration forms for both of them for next year. Good grief, how many times do I have to write out our address and phone number already!? Not to mention emergency contact numbers. You'd think this process could be streamlined, do your really need FIVE handwritten forms saying the exact same thing? (Five forms PER child) OK, done ranting, I just hate that shit.

Speaking of the school, we're officially all moved in to the new school building. It's beautiful. How neat to be in the first class in a brand new facility. The playground equipment went in a couple weeks ago, and they're still getting the kinks out of everything, but it's so nice to not be so crowded, and to be closer to our house again. I'm trying to be a good volunteer mom, and have committed to run the Book Fairs for the Friends of the Library group. I'm glad I found that group to be a part of. We like to call ourselves the slacker PTA. Perfect for me. It's just a few moms and the librarian, but we've raised enough money for some nice furniture for the 'story pit' and some fun stuff for birthdays and reading incentives. Book Fair is coming in about 5 weeks, and so far I've attended the training workshop and have everything scheduled with Scholastic. I'm excited to move forward with promoting and planning the details.

Yoga teacher training is over. At least the official, scheduled classes. I still have a few homework assignments to finish up, and need to turn in all my hours and such, but it's really nice to get back on a schedule that revolves a little more around the needs of my family, and a little less around the demands of that kind of schedule. Those last few months were brutal. Clark was insanely on the road (and continues to be, but that's another story), and I was running as fast as I could to just not fall further behind. It did take me a few extra weeks to finish up my quota of classes after the official end date in December, and man was that hard to accept. I am SUCH a perfectionist that the idea of not finishing on time, and not being able to do anything about it was excruciating. At this stage in the game, I'm assisting in a couple classes a week, a scoliosis class on Mondays and a Mom/Baby class on Fridays, and mostly focusing on enjoying being a student again. I learned SO much, and my body is doing better than ever, but it's good to be done.

OK, I guess returning to blogland wasn't so hard after all. I have been keeping up with reading about all y'all, even if I haven't been commenting much. Next time maybe pictures! Maybe!

5 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Missuz J said...

So nice to see a post from you!

Rather than a long comment, how about I call you later?

XO-Boo

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger NME said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you are certainly on the ball and very busy. I'm impressed. Will you come and schedule my summer too? I have no idea what a BioPark is - but it either sounds very cool or very scary.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger A Man without a Band said...

Hey girly,

Yeah, nice to see you. I check periodically (in the brief moments I have).

And I'll save my long comments as well (even though not much going on) for our visit in a couple months. That's right. Jennifer and I are planning a little Southwest tour and will be in Albuquerque for a couple days. We'll be in touch as plans get closer, but I think we're planning for either end of May/beginning of June. Maybe end of June, but I think we're trying to shoot for earlier-the-cooler. Maybe we could even route something around to get the Jorgensens down at the same time.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Stine said...

I got so used to not checking yours. I'm glad you're back.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger cydney said...

Hi,
This is probably a long shot, but I was born in Clovis NM on Nov 28th 1962. I was adopted and the only name on my birth certificate was "baby Krause". Has any of your husband's family lived in that area in the early 1960's? I am searching for my birth parents and their health history because my daughter is ill. Thanks for your time.
cyd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home